Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Nameless Dream

THIS IS JUST A BIT OF OLD POETRY I WROTE. NOTHING YOU SEE IS COPY WRITTEN. IT IS ALL ORIGINAL FROM A NOVEL SERIES I AM WRITING.

As I awoke from my afternoon sleep, I sat at the edge of my bed wondering. What was it that I had dreamt of? Could it have been good? Could it have been worse? Could it have been joyous? Or could it have been a curse? I did not want to know. There are many dreams and the one I’m searching for has overcome me. I got up and walked to the open window of the Tower. Staring out into the garden I felt happiness in me. It immediately went away. I turned away from the garden and looked to my right and saw the tall grassy fields of my kingdom. I thought to myself, “I do not deserve these riches of life, but the love and companionship of the one I am looking at. See how your hair flows into the night like a blanket of moving stars piercing cloud and showing its beauty. The smile upon your innocent face... "Oh, how I would be thrilled to stop the essence of time so that I can look upon that smile always." I have remembered saying that to the one I loved. I have not been able to look upon another woman, for I can’t. I then looked out into the grassy fields and saw her walking through the long thickets. Swiftly I rushed down stairs and ran to her. When I reached her I picked her up and swung her around and cried with joy. I held her to me, not ever wanting to let her go. She looked at me in the eyes and I could see the stars twinkling in hers and her smile made it seem that there was no such thing as time or it had stop still. She spoke to me; “Light is coming and I must go, though I do not want to leave your side. I wish to stay here with you until time eternally stops where I can stay with you and remember the days of when we were together.”
  A tear descended my face as I spoke to her for the last time; “I want you to stay with me, but the light is growing nearer and the stars are going further from sight. I will hold you in my heart and in my memories. I wish for you to be with me again.”
  “For I am,” she said. “I will always be with you in your spirit but I must depart into the night,” and she glided away up to Sirius.
  Tears began to fall from my eyes, “Fly up to the heavens and wait for me as I look up at you and gaze into your beauty. For I am not of the evil. Therefore, I shall be with you until the night passes and the storms are settled, and then we shall pass the gates together and sleep a nameless dream forever.”
  As the light crept over the tops of the hills, I stood there wondering if indeed she loved me. I walked through the tall grass and the tips of them waved up against the palms of my hands. I looked up at the night sky. Sirius just seemed to shine on me and me alone. A gentle thought touched my heart. Tears began to fall from my eyes, for the thought of someone being in love with me ran through my veins. There was no other answer that I could give to the question that she urged herself to ask. The answer of 'yes' flowed out of my mouth like a blanket of flowers blowing in the wind, for I knew that I was in love with the young damsel myself. The beauty of her innocent face made the stars shine as bright as they would ever be. I looked back up at Sirius and said to it, "What has grace given me to be in love with someone as loving as she? I will make it so and love her back. I have said 'yes' to her question and it shall be."
  I walked back up to my bed chamber and began to sleep. As I lay there, the angel of whom I have heard before whispered into my ears ever softly: “Rest with angels into the night and hear the wind blow and see the stars shine as you sleep a nameless dream. Yet do not bother to wake for you have answered the question that was given to you. Go now up to her. Stay quiet and still. Your eyes are closed and your body faint. When you arrive your former life be it no more. You are with us now. Wake, my friend. You're new life begins."

No comments:

Post a Comment