Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just Whatever

Well it is Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 5:50PM EST. There are about 7 1/2 days left before my 28th birthday and it is beginning to become a reality: I am getting older. I will be 28 years old in a week and I think back to when I was 18. When I was 18 I considered myself to be a rebel without a cause. I hung around with the wrong people and sometimes even performed elicit activities with them. Luckily however I was never caught or charged with anything but those were the times we like to call "the good ol' days." *sigh*
  What I am about to say during the last part of this blog may offend some of my old friends who might be reading this but to be truthful and honest, I could really care less. Yes, it is true that I will be turning 28 years old next week PHYSICALLY. However, I will only be 7 months old spiritually. I am an infant. I am just a mere baby taking his first steps into the world. I see things now in a whole new different perspective. I feel things that I have never felt before in my life. I hear things that I love listening to. I am a saved thanks to my Higher Power that is Jesus Christ. Yes, I still struggle with personal issues that I will keep confidential against many people. But I am thankful of where I am now and not where I was before today.
  Ten years ago my friends nearly constantly wanted me to hang out with them, go places with them, go out with them and at times cause trouble with them. Now, in the present-day with my new "appearance," just the mere mention of my new life has some of those "friends" turning the other way and running away from me or just flat out ignoring me completely as though I never existed. Saying things such as "religion is 'bogus'" or "Christ never existed." Well I am telling you right now, my so-called old "friends," Christ DOES exist, Christ IS real and Christ saved my life. Me being saved by His sacrifice, no friend of mine could ever do. Could my friends ever perform the miracles of Christ? No. Could my friends ever speak the words of Christ? No. And could my friends ever accept Christ as their personal Savior? I truly hope so and it does not hurt to try now.
  "Your religious lifestyle is just made of brainwashing 'crap.'" Well if being loved eternally with the promise of meaning going back home by a Father who has never and will never give up on me; if that is considered "brainwashing," I will gladly take my chances with that and not a bottle or a pipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment